[Enswitch-announce] RFI: Hotel PMS integration

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Tue Mar 1 05:09:36 GMT 2011

Integrics is interested in adding hotel Property Management System (PMS)
integration to Enswitch. This is at the request of multiple Enswitch
customers who inform us that they are in a position to sell hosted
telephony services to a large number of hotels in a variety of countries
if PMS integration can be provided. Some of these customers are quite
substantial, and highly experienced at selling telephony services in
corporate environments.

We are therefore soliciting contact from companies who have existing
products that allow integration with a variety of hotel PMSs. We will
then select a suitable vendor, work with them to do the integration
between Enswitch and their product, and then recommend their product to
Enswitch customers.

Although Enswitch uses Asterisk for telephony, any PMS integration
product will not have access to Asterisk machines or Asterisk CDRs. This
is for a number of reasons, including:

1. The Enswitch architecture is completely unlike a standalone Asterisk
system. For example, Enswitch has no handsets registered to the Asterisk
machines in the cluster, nor is any customer configuration held in the
Asterisk configuration files.

2. The Enswitch cluster may be running services for many other customers
whose privacy must be ensured.

3. Some or all of the Asterisk machines in the cluster may be remote or
behind a firewall.

4. The Asterisk CDRs are insufficient to record the full complexity of
calls, especially with regard to billing. Enswitch's CDRs are
considerably more complex than Asterisk's, and have a very different format.

The integration will need to be done through one or both of the
following methods:

1. HTTP, SOAP, or other similar network connections from Enswitch to the
PMS integration product. Integrics is willing to write the client side
of this.

2. HTTP, SOAP, or other similar network connections from the PMS
integration product to the web server machines in the Enswitch cluster.
Enswitch already has an extensive SOAP API (details available on
request), and Integrics is willing to make changes to this, or add new
web server functions, if necessary.

It is desirable that a single Enswitch cluster can be integrated with
multiple hotels as Enswitch systems can be very large with tens of
thousands of customers and hundreds of thousands of users. Our customers
would prefer not to have to install a separate Enswitch system for each
hotel customer. Enswitch already supports the telephony and call rating
side of this; it is desirable that any PMS integration product be
capable of talking to multiple hotels.

The PMS integration product does not need to provide any telephony
features, call rating, etc. Enswitch can provide all of these.

Interested parties are invited to email me directly.

--
Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111