[Enswitch-announce] Enswitch 3.3 release schedule

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Wed Sep 1 07:56:48 GMT 2010

All,

Development of Enswitch 3.3 is now complete, and is ready for
testing. A preliminary list of major new features can be found at:

http://integrics.com/products/enswitch/guides/3.3/en/presales/new/

A list of functional changes can be found at:

http://integrics.com/products/enswitch/guides/3.3/en/presales/changes/

If you are adversely affected by any of these functional changes, please
contact support as soon as possible so we can discuss options.

Key dates are:

- Today: 3.3 moves from development to internal alpha testing.

- September 6th: Discussion of features for 3.4 starts on
Enswitch-owners. I will post there when discussion starts. Please don't
discuss 3.4 features before I post, to give others a chance to join the
mailing list. If you're not currently subscribed to Enswitch-owners and
wish to take part in the discussion, please subscribe before September 6th.

- September 20th: 3.3 public beta will become available. Customers who
wish to be on the "cutting edge" may self-upgrade from this date.
Internal testing will continue.

- October 1st: Internal testing is expected to be completed. 3.2 will
formally become the "stable" release and available to all customers, and
3.3 will formally become the "testing" release. At this point, it will
be available to customers who self-upgrade only.

- Late September: 3.4 feature discussion closes. The exact date has not
yet been decided, and will depend on how discussions progress.

- January or February 2011: 3.4 will be released, and will become the
testing version. Due to the very extensive tax and billing changes in
3.3, it's unclear whether we'll make 3.3 stable at that time or whether
we'll continue to consider it testing. An announcement will be made
closer to the time.

--
Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111